Got back to work on The Experiment and to tick off a few items in the list.
- We started up The Experiment to make sure everything was running as it should. Check.
- Remove engine and wiring. Check
One thing we did notice was that the SRX is living up to it's project name The Experiment. There are a few quirky decisions that the designers have made with this bike and we believe this model could have been an experiment itself as part of Yamahas R and D division.
- The Carbs are impossible to remove without removing the tank and the entire air filter box. Although this will be solved with the smaller Air Filters.
- There was a strange cover for the cylinder head that had absolutely no purpose.
- Many of the bolt sizing were consistently inconsistant.
- The sprocket cover is PLASTIC. Seems as though they may have ran out of R and D funds.
However she is now bare boned ready for sandblasting and powder coating.