Bare Bones


Today was a good day.  Started off with an early ride on the Legbreaker around the traps, whilst smoking out the neighbourhood with the smell of two stroke, I bumped into an elderly couple.  The wife was riding a beautiful 60's Triumph Scrambler restored immaculately and the elderly chap was riding a 70's Moto Morini.

Got back to work on The Experiment and to tick off a few items in the list.

  • We started up The Experiment to make sure everything was running as it should.  Check.
  • Remove engine and wiring. Check

One thing we did notice was that the SRX is living up to it's project name The Experiment.  There are a few quirky decisions that the designers have made with this bike and we believe this model could have been an experiment itself as part of Yamahas R and D division.
  • The Carbs are impossible to remove without removing the tank and the entire air filter box.  Although this will be solved with the smaller Air Filters.
  • There was a strange cover for the cylinder head that had absolutely no purpose.
  • Many of the bolt sizing were consistently inconsistant.
  • The sprocket cover is PLASTIC.  Seems as though they may have ran out of R and D funds.

However she is now bare boned ready for sandblasting and powder coating.



Comments

The information you have published here is really awesome, as it contains some great knowledge which is very essential for me. Thanks for posting it. sandblasting Ohio

Popular posts from this blog

Hyperactive

The Experiment - Yamaha SRX250 Cafe Racer

Honda Postie CT110 Custom Seat Conversion Kits