Posts

Showing posts from February, 2012

Holiday XS 650 Build Time Lapse

I've always wanted to do something like this.  It's a time lapse of an XS650 build from Jared over at Holiday Customs . Great to see it all come together.

Light my way

Image
Busy day today among other things, we managed to work out the headlight situation and fab and weld up a mont for it.  Picked up this headlight in Japan that we wanted to use, just loved the blue lens.  The original idea was to run a bikini fairing so we'll have a go at glassing a fairing around it.  But if it doesn't work out then we'll just keep the light as is. Also welded on some mounts for the battery box. Coming together.

Mini Switch

Image
Just like a switch block but tiny Have always wanted to give these a go.  

Bare Bones

Image
Today was a good day.  Started off with an early ride on the Legbreaker around the traps, whilst smoking out the neighbourhood with the smell of two stroke, I bumped into an elderly couple.  The wife was riding a beautiful 60's Triumph Scrambler restored immaculately and the elderly chap was riding a 70's Moto Morini. Got back to work on The Experiment and to tick off a few items in the list. We started up The Experiment to make sure everything was running as it should.  Check. Remove engine and wiring. Check One thing we did notice was that the SRX is living up to it's project name The Experiment.  There are a few quirky decisions that the designers have made with this bike and we believe this model could have been an experiment itself as part of Yamahas R and D division. The Carbs are impossible to remove without removing the tank and the entire air filter box.  Although this will be solved with the smaller Air Filters. There was a strange cover for the cy

Motorhead Helmet Done

Image
Just finished airbrushing this helmet yesterday for a Motorhead fan.  Wanted the  Motörhead  logo on the back for her husbands Birthday. Had "Ace of Spades" in my head the whole time. Hope he likes it.

The Experiment - Prac 1

Image
We've been brainstorming a few things before we jump into the teardown, among them were Wait for the new Carb Boots and Air filters to come in so we could start it up to make sure everything is running as it should Work out whether we needed to purchase new clip-ons or use the existing hi-rise ones lower on the forks under the tripple. Work out where we were going to install the battery.  Because it was electric start only we decided to keep the standard battery. Shape a tail section in situ so we could see it with everything in place. So far we have done all but get it started as I've had the carbs off giving them an overhaul.  Will hopefully get to it this week. We've almost finished the tail section, we're definitely feeling more comfortable with the process as it's our third seat we've made from scratch.  It's probably taken half the amount of time as the first.  The key is to get the shape as perfect as you can before you glass.  The less a